Whether you’re looking for a new home, own a home with outdated flooring, or just want to spruce up an apartment, there are many options available when it comes to flooring. Hardwood, laminate and carpet are some of the most popular materials for home floors, but which is best for you?
Here at Woodfloor Masters, we want our clients to make the most informed decisions possible when deciding on hardwood flooring in Longview, WA. That’s why we’re going to take the time to explore each flooring option, its advantages and disadvantages and more. We will consider the factors that affect each type: durability, flooring cost, maintenance requirements, style and comfort.
Hopefully, by the end of it, you’ll choose the hardwood flooring experts from Woodfloor Masters for your new flooring. Let’s begin by talking about the most common replacement for hardwood: laminate.
Why Laminate Flooring?
Laminate flooring is a more affordable option and can look just like hardwood. Many hardware stores offer laminate flooring products and tools so the do-it-yourselfers can take on this project themselves. This flooring type also comes with plenty of options for color and grain to find that feeling you want for your home.
However, the surface can be easily scratched or dented when moving furniture, and it may not stand up to high-traffic areas as well as hardwood. Furthermore, it won’t last nearly as long as hardwood floors or a well-maintained carpet.
Pros of Laminate Flooring
- Laminate floors are easy to install and can be done over a weekend.
- Laminate floors are somewhat durable and can last for some years.
- Laminate floor offers many different styles and colors to choose from.
- Laminate floors are affordable compared to other types of flooring.
Cons of Laminate Flooring
- Laminate floors can be easily scratched or dented and may not last long in high-traffic areas.
- Laminate floors cannot be refinished, unlike hardwood floors, meaning they must be replaced when damaged.
- Laminate floors also are also harder to replace than other options because they interlock.
Why Carpet Flooring?
Carpet flooring became incredibly popular in the 20th century for homeowners all over the world, and for many good reasons. Carpet offers a warm, soft, and luxurious feeling underfoot that’s hard to replicate with other flooring options. This insulation can reduce both noise and heating bills! It is also safer than some of the harder types of flooring, such as hardwood, because it provides an extra cushion in case of falls.
However, it also can be easily stained and will need to be replaced more often than other flooring options. Carpet cleaning requires special equipment that not all homeowners or property managers have on hand, making carpets notoriously hard to clean.
- Carpet floors are the warmest and softest type of flooring option, great for insulation and lower heating bills.
- Carpet floors offer a wide variety of colors, textures, and patterns to choose from.
- Carpet floors are safer for falls than hardwood or laminate floors because it provides an extra cushion.
- Carpet floors are quieter than other flooring options, making it great for upper-level floors.
- Carpet floors are more prone to staining and damage compared to other flooring options.
- Carpet floors need regular vacuuming and cleaning to prevent the buildup of dirt, dust, and allergens.
- Carpet floors may need to be replaced more frequently than other flooring options.
Hardwood flooring is a classic choice that never goes out of style. It has a timeless elegance and can last for generations with proper care. Hardwood flooring is more expensive than laminate, but it’s for very good reasons. Hardwood flooring is a great choice for high-traffic areas, as it can easily be swept and mopped to maintain its beautiful luster. With proper care, a hardwood floor can last for decades with minimal maintenance required. And if it is scratched or nicked, it’s easy to refinish to look like new. Furthermore, hardwood floors can be paired with rugs and thick underlayment to provide insulation comforts like carpet, though it may not be as warm as carpet.
- Hardwood floors are the classic choice when it comes to home floors.
- Hardwood floors are designed to last for years and can easily be refinished.
- Hardwood floors are easy to maintain with regular sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
- Hardwood floors are the classic choice, with a look and feel that will never go out of style.
- Hardwood floors are easily repairable and can easily be touched up.
- Hardwood floors can be paired with rugs and underlayment to provide fantastic insulation.
- Hardwood floors are more expensive than laminate or carpet.
- It can be difficult to install, depending on the type of wood you choose.
- Hardwood floors are prone to scratches and dents from heavy furniture or pets.
How to Care for Your New Flooring
Ultimately, hardwood flooring is the most durable and will last for decades with proper care. But the best type of flooring depends on your personal preferences and budget. Should you choose hardwood, it is important to regularly vacuum and wipe up spills. You should also use a wood cleaner once a month to keep the surface looking new.
And if you’re going with hardwood floors for your new flooring option, there’s only one option for flooring services: WoodFloor Masters LLC. With over 11 years of experience servicing Longview, WA, you can rest assured that your wood floors will be installed by professional flooring contractors with the utmost care and craftsmanship. Have more questions about installing or replacing your floor with hardwood? Contact us today via our website or call us at (360) 992-0972.